Suitable for people requiring workplace first aid skills, job seekers, and for those who want to know how to assist someone suffering a first aid emergency.
You will learn:
How to handle First Aid Emergencies including
- Applied first aid procedures for the following:
- allergic reaction
- bleeding control
- cardiac arrest
- choking and airway obstruction
- envenomation, using pressure immobilization
- fractures, sprains, and strains, using arm slings, roller bandages, or other appropriate immobilization techniques
- respiratory distress, including asthma
Pre-requisites: A USI number which is easy to apply for one at www.usi.gov.au. You must have completed the pre-course online homework. The link for this will be sent to you after you register for the course. You must email or take the completed paper with you to the training course.
It is a requirement of this course that you are physically capable of performing uninterrupted CPR for at least 2 minutes on a CPR manikin placed on the floor.
What to bring:
- Form of identification
- Completed pre-course online certificate
- Wear comfortable, modest clothes and shoes
Course duration: 5 ½ hrs
Students who successfully complete this nationally recognized training will be awarded the statement of attainment for:
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTFA311A Apply first aid
It is recommended this unit be renewed every 3 years in line with industry standards