Suitable for people requiring workplace first aid skills, job seekers, and those who want to know what to do when someone suffers a cardiac arrest.
You will learn:
- Role of First Aider
- Legal responsibility
- Careful moving to clear airway
- Cardio Pulmonary resuscitation
- Using an AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
It is a requirement of this course that you are physically capable of performing uninterrupted CPR for at least 2 minutes on a CPR manikin placed on the floor.
What to bring:
- Form of identification
- Completed pre-course online certificate
- Wear comfortable, modest clothes and shoes
Course duration: 2 ½ hours
Students who successfully complete this nationally recognized training will be awarded the statement of attainment for HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
It is recommended this unit be renewed every 12 months in line with industry standards.